Website Progress Documentation Using Wix

Creativeart (2016)

Despite being a computer enthusiast, and a tech fanatic for numerous years, creating a website was not something I had ever done, till my encounter with Wix. Creating an account was nearly seamless, with just my email address, and I had the option to create a website from scratch, or modify an already-existing template. 

Wix (2023)

Wix (2023)


The Wix website had a plethora of sample templates, as seen above, but because the type of website I was interested in was an E-commerce website, I had to tailor my search accordingly. 

As already stated in my website initial ideas, in a previous blog post, I intend on establishing a site for musicians of all skillsets, and interests. Making my website stand out more meant that I had to inspect and look out for the lapses or weaknesses in several notable music e-commerce websites, and try to rectify them. Some of the sites I visited to compare their home and product pages are Reverb and Sweetwater.

Reverb (2023)

Sweetwater (2023)

I was finally prepared to commence the next phase, which was selecting a template. After going through several templates I decided to select a tech e-commerce website.

Wix (2023)

I chose this template because of its active visuals and responsive icons and thumbnails. A huge part of my website should not only be its functionality, but its aesthetic appeal and UX design. In  feat to achieve this, I had to ensure that the page not only looks good on the web / desktop view (like several websites) but is also compatible across devices, particularly mobile phones.

Wix (2023)


Being satisfied with this mobile view, I began customizing this template, creating a name, color palate, font style & size, among others.

Wix (2023)

Having completed all these, I went ahead, and concluded the initial steps by saving my website.











Reference List

         Creativeart (2016) Free photo: Web design concept with drawings, Freepik. Available at: https://www.freepik.com/free-photo/web-design-concept-with-drawings_902906.htm#query=web%20development&position=18&from_view=search&track=ais (Accessed: February 26, 2023).

         Reverb (2023) Musical Instruments for sale - new & Used Music Gear, reverb.com. Available at: https://reverb.com/ (Accessed: February 26, 2023).

         Sweetwater (2023) Sweetwater.com, Sweetwater®. Available at: https://www.sweetwater.com/ (Accessed: February 26, 2023).

         Wix (2023) Your website, your business, your future|wix.com, HP BTF test 2/23. Available at: https://www.wix.com/ (Accessed: February 26, 2023).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My E-Commerce Website Research and Development Plans

E-Commerce: Types and Examples

What is SEO and how is SEO used?