Customer/Product Database Creation

Storyset (2019)

As a prerequisite for this module, I had to create a customer database. In the creation of this data base I had to create fields for "Customer ID/Number", "Customer Name", "Last name", "Phone number" and "Post code". I will be highlighting the processes I took in creating the customer database.


The first step I took was to create the field headings, as listed in the introduction paragraph above.


After crating these headings, I filled them with randomized values for the names, phone numbers, and postal codes. The table was beginning to look substantial.



Finally, I formatted the data as a table. MS-Excel automatically created a bold border around the table, with the headings on it, as dropdowns. I added thinner lines between each column to make the values more distinguishable. Having done this, I saved my progress and stored it as my customer database file.

Product Database

Similar to the customer database, I also created a more extensive product database, with fields such as: Product ID, Product Name, Total Cost, Profit, etc. The table can be seen below.

fig: Product Database

The Values added in the final three cells were gotten by Using MS-Excel formulas. Some of such formula are highlighted below.

fig: Database showing formulas

To represent these values, I included two excel charts. One showing the relationship between the cost prices, and the other showing the respective profit made from each product.

fig: Relationship Chart
 

fig: Profit Chart












Reference List

         Storyset (2019) Free vector: Spreadsheets concept illustration, Freepik. Available at: https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/spreadsheets-concept-illustration_6450136.htm#query=spreadsheet&position=6&from_view=search&track=sph (Accessed: March 12, 2023).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My E-Commerce Website Research and Development Plans

E-Commerce: Types and Examples

What is SEO and how is SEO used?